Muffins are a very popular bakery item throughout the world. Chocolate muffin is one of the most loved and known one among them. It is basically consumned during morning breakfast or evening tea time. The sweet taste of muffin is a treat to anyone who has a sweet tooth. Why buy cupcakes when you can make it at home ? Try this simple recipe at home and you’ll fall in love with homemade muffins
COURSE : Dessert CUISINE : American PREPARATION TIME : 30 mins COOKING TIME : 20 mins TOTAL TIME : 50 mins
For muffins –
1 cup (200g)flour
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk
2 tbsp buttermilk
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
100 g butter
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
For frosting –
100 g cooking chocolate
100 ml heavy cream (25-30% fat)
• For muffins –
1) Sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder together and mix. Keep aside.
2) Take a large bowl and mix softened butter (at room temperature) and sugar, until it becomes fluffy.
4) Add an egg and beat well, until soft.
5) Add vanilla essence, 1/2 cup milk and mix well.
6) Add the dry ingredients 2 tbsp at a time and fold in with a silicone spatula (avoid beating).
7) Add buttermilk. Consistency should be pouring so that you can make the figure of 8 with the batter. If required add milk to get the desired consistency.
8) Preheat the oven on 180 degrees for 5 minutes.
9) Line the moulds with cupcake liners. You can use tracing paper cut in circles and use it to line the mould. Grease the liner lightly with some oil.
10) Fill the moulds with batter till its half (or 3/4) full. Do not overfill. Cook for 15-18 mins.
11)Insert a toothpick and check if it comes out clean without any batter, if if does, then your muffins are cooked.(Start checking after 12 mins in 1 min intervals).
12) Remove the muffins from the moulds on a wire rack and let it cool.
• For frosting :
Take 100 grams of dark compound chocolate on room temperature and chop with a knife into small pieces.
Take cream in a bowl and microwave for 40 seconds.
Add the chocolate pieces in the cream and mix quickly and thoroughly. The chocolate will melt and mix with the cream – your ganache is ready.
Keep it in the refrigerator for 30-40 mins and pipe onto the cooled muffins.
You can dip the top of muffins onto the freshly prepared ganache and sprinkle on some chocolate curls/choco chips or confetti .